T. ANDREW BARBER
6519 Rolling River Road, Harrison, TN 37341
Experienced disaster recovery and business continuity professional with twenty (20) years’ experience in a wide range of industries. Extensive project management experience. Excellent oral and written communication skills on both a technical and general level, to a variety of leadership levels.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee, Chattanooga, TN
Disaster Recovery Analyst 2, January 2014 – present
- Coordinate enterprise efforts in disaster recovery with focus on technical components of business processes
- Coordinate biannual disaster recovery exercises, maintain vendor relationships, budget planning and working closely with enterprise departments to build relationships and assist in their DR planning efforts
- Conduct enterprise business continuity planning tabletop exercises and business impact analyses
- Platform experience includes: mainframe, AIX, Windows, zLinux, ESX, networking and telecommunications
- Ensure accurate maintenance of configuration management database
- Assist department manager in development of DR/BC standards and policies
Systems Administrator 2, Team Lead, July 2012 – January 2014
- Led a team of seven, first and second shift, systems administrators
- Assisted department manager in hiring, assignment of work, coaching and development
- Provided input for performance evaluations
Systems Administrator, Team Lead, June 2009 – July 2012
Contractor – Modis Incorporated, December 2008 – June 2009
- Provided 2nd and 3rd-level support, troubleshooting and problem management for production Windows servers.
- Managed systems life cycle for over 6000 physical and virtual Windows servers and 100+ blade chassis while maintaining adherence to compliance standards and company policies.
- Administered Windows 2008, 2012 Active Directory, DNS and DHCP
- Managed tracking of Windows server information
- Planned and participated in semi-annual disaster recovery exercises.
- Infrastructure project lead for the move of one federal government datacenter containing 54 servers.
- Completed various projects as lead and resource related to Blue Cross’ move to new headquarters and 20,000 sq. ft. data center.
Express Check Advance, Chattanooga, TN
Network Administrator III, April 2003 – December 2008
- Managed a simultaneous migration from Windows NT 4.0 to Windows Server 2003 Active Directory and from physical servers to a VMware ESX 3.5 virtual environment.
- Managed migration from Windows 2000 to Windows XP on over 50 desktops at company home office.
- Implemented Microsoft Exchange 2003 and Microsoft SQL 2000.
- Managed the installation and maintenance of a LAN / WAN network of one corporate office and 250 branch offices.
- Managed the design and implementation of company-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan, including tape-based and replication of some IS services
- Installed and administered Nortel phone system.
Southeast Tennessee Development District, Chattanooga, TN
IT Manager / Network Engineer, March 2002 – January 2003
- Managed all aspects of this government organization’s LAN, WAN, Phone and desktop computer systems across nine separate locations around the Tennessee Valley.
- Managed activity of three network and systems engineers as organization prepared to outsource IT department.
- Administered all Windows 2000, Exchange 2000, SQL 2000 and Red Hat Linux servers.
Freeliant, Chattanooga, TN
Data Center Engineer, December 2000 – January 2002
- Administered data center backups using BackupExec.
- LAN, WAN and SAN equipment installation and configuration.
- Performed reimaging of Citrix application servers.
- Provided premises engineering services, customer relations, and general technical support for all clients in the Chattanooga, TN area using Citrix Metaframe.
- Teamed with sales manager when bringing new clients online, sales engineer duties.
- Provided client training on product offerings.
- Maintain client and data center software and hardware inventory and licensing information.
Brach’s Confections, Chattanooga, TN
Sr. Technical Analyst, November 1998 – December 2000
Technical Analyst, October 1996 – November 1998
- Provided customer support services and support for over 600 desktop and laptop users in the company headquarters and various regional sales offices.
Bachelor of Science – Business Information Systems
University of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ
Graduated April 2009
High School Diploma
The Baylor School, Chattanooga, TN
Graduated May 1992
- Certified Business Resilience Manager – CBRM
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer – MCSE
- Certified Novell Administrator – CNA
- CompTia A+
IEEE, Computer Society
Harrison Lodge No. 114 F&AM, Harrison, TN
Officer (Junior Deacon), Technology Committee Member, Webmaster
The Alpha-Iota Chapter of the Kappa Sigma Fraternity, Chattanooga, TN
Assistant Alumnus Adviser, Housing Corporation Member, Webmaster
Signal Mountain Genealogical Society, Signal Mountain, TN
Hamilton County Tennessee Genealogical Society
National Genealogical Society
Active Directory, Backup, BIA, BT Diamond IPControl, Business Continuity, Cisco IOS, Citrix, CMDB, Dell servers, DHCP, Disaster Recovery, DNS, Fusion Risk Management, HP Asset/Service Manager, IBM and HP rack-mount & blade servers, blade chassis, IBM Tivoli Storage Manager, Iron Mountain, ITIL, LAN, McAfee, NetOp Remote Control, Nortel, Operating System, PowerShell, SCCM, StorServer VMB, Systems Administrator, Systems Engineer, SunGard, Trend Micro, TSM, VMware ESX 3.5, 4.0, 4.1, 5.1 & 5.5, VPN, WAN, Windows NT Server 4.0, Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008 & 2012, XenDesktop